|Posted by Bold n Boasy Entertainment on August 1, 2015 at 7:40 AM|
• Local newspapers and weeklies
• Local cultural or art magazines
• Local TV news or news magazines
• Community, college, and online radio
• Music blogs
• And many more
But how do you go about contacting the media?
Actually, it’s simpler than you might think. There are five basic rules for independent music PR:
1. Contact the correct person Make sure you have the right name and email/mailing address for relevant program directors, podcast hosts, music editors, etc.
2. Keep your pitch short and sweet As they say, “don’t bore us; get to the chorus!” Communicate in the first few sentences who you are and why they might be interested in your music. Follow up with a paragraph that contains supporting details, links to your music and supplementary information (online press release), and then sign off.
3. Be polite, never pushy If you rub someone the wrong way, they’re not going to help you. It’s common sense. If they respond and say “no thank you,” stay calm and try not to take it personally. They may just have too much on their plate right now.
4. Follow up If you don’t hear back from them after a week or so, go ahead and send another email asking if they’ve had a chance to check out your music. You know that old saying about the squeaky wheel getting the grease!
5. Deliver If someone writes you back with interview questions, a request for additional MP3s or photos, or wants you to appear on-air, be sure to respond to them ASAP with a gracious “hell yes” and thenrock it!
Support Our BOLDTUNES STORES & BUY FOR INFO: Available In Boldtunes, iTunes, Amazon, Google Play And All Digital Stores Worldwide Now. STORES LINKZ FOR ALL SONGS, SINGLE, EP, and Album and Please Subscribe To My Site..YOU CAN DONATE AS LOW AS 0.0004 BC = $0.10 USD.
Categories: ENTERTAINMENT NEWS